Product Marketing Manager
Location / Irvine, CA, United StatesApply Now
Mavenlink is a rapidly growing, globally recognized SaaS company that provides technology, expertise, and support that enables organizations throughout the world to conduct business anywhere, with anyone. We believe every business deserves a chance to succeed in today’s fast-moving, connected economy. That’s why we set out to reinvent the way the world conducts business — and why we need people just like you.
Did we mention that Mavenlink is an awesome place to work? You’ll have the opportunity to work in an energetic environment with a smart team that loves what they do.
About the Role
We are looking for a multi-talented product marketing manager to own and manage the successful launch of powerful, first-in-market features to a wide range of internal and external audiences. You will become an expert on our customer personas, market opportunities, and the competitive landscape.
You’ll work closely with our marketing leadership, product and sales teams, and customer-facing departments to synthesize information on our customers and use it to help us explain the value of our software in language that resonates with their needs. Most importantly, you’ll be the link that ensures the product we build reaches the people we’re building it for.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Own and manage the product launch process for new services, features and products
- Conduct research on the market landscape and document the competitiveness of our offerings
- Gather information on our customer personas and their unique needs through research, observation, and conversations with customer-facing staff
- Create engaging marketing and sales collateral to enable our sales, training, and customer success teams
- Support product definition, positioning, and messaging needs across product line Gather and analyze data to inform product strategy and decisions
The ideal candidate for this role loves understanding understanding business customer pain points and articulating ways to solve them with technology. You thrive on owning projects from start to finish, whether that means keeping others on track or diving in to make things happen.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable creating materials for a wide range of internal and external audiences, whether that’s the CEO of a consulting firm, a project manager in an advertising agency, or a member of our sales team. You’ll also need to be comfortable getting technical: Mavenlink is all about providing elegant solutions to complex business problems, and to market it successfully you’ll need to understand exactly what the application makes possible.
You need to be proactive and self-directed; on a day-to-day basis, you’ll often set your own agenda. Lastly, strong people skills are essential: you’ll be working closely with staff ranging from entry-level employees to senior executives.
- Successful track record of B2B product marketing for a technology company (2-5 yrs)
- Proven experience managing projects and delivering materials on a deadline
- Ability to translate product features into benefits and position them for specific audiences
- Experience developing compelling product marketing collateral
- Demonstrates analytical success, capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency using spreadsheets and building presentations
- Ability to travel once every few months to our San Francisco office
- Thrives in and enjoys a highly-collaborative, face-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience marketing Software as a Service (SaaS) and/or Agile development
- Experience conducting survey-based customer research
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency analyzing research data in Excel, SPSS, Stata, etc.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in marketing, psychology, product management, or business administration
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification
- Project Management Certification
- Experience marketing products to professional services businesses (marketing agencies, consulting firms, software implementation teams, etc.)