Business Intelligence Consultant
Location / Irvine, CA, United StatesApply Now
Mavenlink is a rapidly growing, globally recognized SaaS company that provides technology, expertise, and support that enables organizations throughout the world to conduct business anywhere, with anyone. We believe every business deserves a chance to succeed in today’s fast-moving, connected economy. That’s why we set out to reinvent the way the world conducts business — and why we need people just like you.
Did we mention that Mavenlink is an awesome place to work? You’ll have the opportunity to work in an energetic environment with a smart team that loves what they do.
Today’s leading companies are able to transform their data into insights and strategic decisions that drive growth. The Business Intelligence team at Mavenlink has a mission to identify, execute, measure and test new opportunities for high return - revenue generating initiatives leveraging cross-functional technology and data driven techniques. The Business Intelligence team combines business knowledge with data to drive the strategy of an organization. The team pilots and measures innovative initiatives that can dramatically shape the future of a company through analytics and decision sciences. With a history of achievement, the Business Intelligence team is asked by our clients to tackle Mavenlink’s most complex data analytics issues.
The Role (You):
This position as a Business Intelligence Consultant falls within the Data, Analytics, & Decision Science function of Mavenlink, within the Business Intelligence team. As a Business Intelligence Consultant, you will work alongside experienced professionals sharing the mission of enhancing business performance through analytics. You will work with a number of clients on a portfolio of Data Science initiatives that you will be expected to drive to completion through, data gathering and research, quantitative analysis, implementation, and the creation of client deliverables and reports. You will have an opportunity to gain valuable business and analytics experience while drawing on the knowledge of the team. Dealing with Big Data is a common ask of our Business Intelligence Consultants and you will be on the bleeding edge of innovative technology as we develop and grow the Mavenlink Platform!
- Identify, assess, and solve complex business problems.
- Understand our client's’ business requirements and objectives while ensuring alignment with the Mavenlink solution to drive desired business results.
- Understand Mavenlink’s database systems and know how to pull required information for ad-hoc requests from clients, managers, and staff.
- Maintain the integrity of Mavenlink’s Insights reports.
- Develop, maintain, and run Mavenlink’s Business Intelligences tool called Insights. Including but not limited to creating, client KPI’s, metrics, dashboards, and reports.
- Facilitate client-facing design, build, and configuration sessions on custom business intelligence reporting, integrations, and data migration from legacy systems into Mavenlink.
- Assist or drive deployment activities such as requirements gathering, functional design, system testing, user acceptance testing, issue troubleshooting and resolution, change management, and training.
Candidates should exhibit the following strengths:
- Top-tier quantitative data analysis skills, problem-solving skills, and analytical thinking skills.
- Able to present/translate business requirements into technical requirements and vice versa.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Drive for excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology or other Analytics related quantitative field.
- Fluent English Speaker with excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or other data analysis tools
- Strong analytical experience related to report building and/or working with database tools/languages (ex. Tableau, GoodData, SQL, PHP, etc.).
- A true passion for working with numbers to solve problems, analyze procedures, and investigate business issues.
- Proven technical experience and the aptitude to quickly learn new technologies.
- Programming fundamentals, experience with relational databases and data analysis.
- Strong business acumen and Project Management experience.
- Prior experience consulting /advising outside clients or other demonstrated ability to serve clients well.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or a related quantitative field.
- 2-3 year of proven technical experience.