Location / Irvine, CA, United StatesApply Now
Mavenlink is a rapidly growing, globally recognized SaaS company that provides technology, expertise, and support that enables organizations throughout the world to conduct business anywhere, with anyone. We believe every business deserves a chance to succeed in today’s fast-moving, connected economy. That’s why we set out to reinvent the way the world conducts business — and why we need people just like you.
Did we mention that Mavenlink is an awesome place to work? You’ll have the opportunity to work in an energetic environment with a smart team that loves what they do.
Today’s leading companies are able to transform their data into insights and strategic decisions that drive growth. The Growth & Strategy team at Mavenlink has a mission to identify, execute, measure and test new opportunities for high return - revenue generating initiatives leveraging cross-functional technology and data driven techniques. G&S combines business knowledge with data to drive the strategy of the organization. The team pilots and measures innovative initiatives that can dramatically shape the future of the company. With a history of achievement, G&S is asked by the executive team to tackle Mavenlink’s most complex strategic issues.
The Role (You):
This position is a Data Analyst within the Data & Decision Science function on Mavenlink’s Growth & Strategy team. As a Data Analyst, you will work alongside tenured professionals sharing the mission of enhancing business performance through analytics. You will work on a portfolio of Data Science initiatives that you will be expected to drive to completion through, data gathering and research, quantitative analysis and modeling, implementation, and the creation of project deliverables. You will have an opportunity to gain valuable business and analytics experience while drawing on the knowledge of the team.
- Understand Mavenlink’s database systems and know how to pull required information for ad-hoc requests from managers
- Maintain the integrity of databases/data systems
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop, Maintain, and run Mavenlink’s predictive models including but not limited to, churn prediction, lead scoring, and customer segmentation
- Act as a technical consultant to manage BI reporting, consulting and provide strategic guidance for 3-4 of Mavenlink’s consulting clients (approx. 25% of weekly time)
Candidates should exhibit the following strengths:
- Top-tier quantitative data analysis skills, problem solving skills, and analytical thinking skills
- Great interpersonal relationships and a track record of successfully working as a part of a team
- Knowledge of and willingness to learn about applying Data Science and Machine Learning techniques to solving business problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Drive for excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or a related quantitative field
- Fluent English Speaker
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or other data analysis tools
- Experience with a statistical modeling tool (ex. R, SAS, SPSS)
- Proven technical experience and the aptitude to quickly learn new technologies
- Prior internship experience where you have demonstrated an ability to work in teams, problem solve, and communicate effectively and/or related analysis course work
- Strong business acumen
- Prior experience consulting / advising outside clients or other demonstrated ability to serve clients well.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or a related quantitative field
- 1-2 years of experience applying predictive analytics / machine learning / data mining techniques in an industry setting