Technical Services Consultant
Mavenlink is a rapidly growing, globally recognized SaaS company that provides technology, expertise, and support that enables organizations throughout the world to conduct business anywhere, with anyone. We believe every business deserves a chance to succeed in today’s fast-moving, connected economy. That’s why we set out to reinvent the way the world conducts business — and why we need people just like you.
Did we mention that Mavenlink is an awesome place to work? You’ll have the opportunity to work in an energetic environment with a smart team that loves what they do.
Mavenlink reinvents the way the world conducts business online. As a Technical Services Consultant, you will work to solve complex technical problems and design robust solutions that provide our customers with the means to run their business more efficiently and with better visibility.
- Lead data conversion and integration activities; gather requirements, produce business requirement and design documentation, configure/build system integrations, assist client UAT and troubleshoot integration issues
- Facilitate conversations related to solution architecture /system landscape and integrations with 3rd party applications (such as Salesforce, JIRA, NetSuite, Intacct)
- Understand Mavenlink’s technology, product offerings and industries served. Collaborate with the project team and customer to understand all technical aspects and ensure the quality of the deliverable.
- Identify, assess and solve complex business problems. Understand our clients’ business requirements and objectives while ensuring alignment with the Mavenlink solution to drive desired business results
- Contribute to the consultant tool set by identifying trends and support internal documentation, development projects, and process improvements. Ability to innovate new solutions.
- Contribute to the collective learning of Mavenlink, seeking opportunities to identify and disseminate improvements to firm-wide methodology, processes, and practices
- Actively participate in the ongoing improvement of the Mavenlink product suite and the services implementation methodology to build and share repeatable processes and quality deliverables that may be leveraged across multiple projects to increase speed and reduce costs
- Contribute to an environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork through sharing experiences, information, perspectives, skills, and expertise.
- Be a mentor and coach to other team members
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated and directed, a collaborator, and has a can-do attitude. A real “go-getter!”
- Be a team player! Ability to interact and perform in a cross-functional team environment while remaining sensitive to the varying cultures of both internal and external organizations
- A quick study with a true passion for working with numbers to solve problems, analyze procedures, and investigate business issues
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in a manner appropriate for the intended audience (technical and/or business) both in-person and over virtual communication
- Ability to self-manage tasks and deliverables across multiple projects and gauge relative priority.
- Adaptable to change and the ability to maintain a high level of performance while identifying and mitigating risk and addressing areas of uncertainty
Experience - Technical
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture, systems architecture, integration architecture and data architecture standards, frameworks, and practices
- Experience with common system integration methods and technologies including Web services, SOAP, JSON, REST, APIs, XML, Business process automation and orchestration tools and software
- Experience working with relational databases and data interdependence
- Demonstrated technical skills and project implementation experience designing, configuring, and deploying SaaS-based software solutions
Experience – Non-Technical
- Experience on software implementations, understanding of SDLC and the ability to execute to project plans, produce client-facing deliverables
- Ability to document technical specifications
- A natural client services mentality; the consistent ability to keep the needs of the client at the forefront of his or her actions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- A willingness to tackle difficult and complex problems
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Capacity to react quickly to problems as they arise and meet deadlines under pressure
- BA/BS computer science or engineering degree or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years industry experience in a customer-facing technical field such as professional services, engineering, consulting or technical support
- 3+ years experience in technical deployment and project implementation for on-premise/cloud-based commercial software applications, such as ERP, CRM, CMS and other systems
- Broad technical knowledge of internet based products and technologies.
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Prior experience in debugging, production support, or writing code
- APIs and XML/JSON data structures
- Experience with SQL and understanding of ETL and LDM
- Experience with Ruby, C#, shell scripting, CSS, JS or similar