Mavenlink is a rapidly growing, globally recognized Software as a Service (SaaS) company that provides technology, expertise, and support that enables organizations throughout the world to conduct business anywhere, with anyone. We believe every business deserves a chance to succeed in today's fast-moving, connected economy. That's why we set out to reinvent the way the world conducts business and why we need people just like you.
Did we mention that Mavenlink is an awesome place to work? You'll have the opportunity to work in an energetic environment with a smart team that loves what they do.
About the role
As an Engineering Team Manager at Mavenlink, you’ll report to senior management to maintain and manage a team of engineers. With the right person in place, we will be able to further scale our division, the abilities of our product, and unify individual contributors around a central mission. Our enterprise-class product is scaling rapidly and your team will be focused on a specific module of the overall Mavenlink product. Our managers support, mentor, train, and develop never-before-seen software alongside the engineers, with a culture of collaboration as a keystone!
About the opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to lead our data pipelines team – transforming and transporting data is the name of the game. As the manager, you’re going to reinforce structural principles such as observability, scalability, and replayability. You’ll be the keystone to ensuring data has room to grow while identifying which data is mutable and which is immutable and enforcing practices around those needs alongside the team.
Goals and Responsibilities
Handling high-level product objectives, you’ll be the catalyst to translate those goals into project plans for a team of engineers. In addition to owning the outcomes of pursuing these product goals, you’ll also own the success of your team as a whole and the growth of each engineer reporting to you. You’ll be an evangelist of the engineering culture to motivate, mentor, and provide guidance in a paired-programming, test-driven environment. We pride ourselves in functioning like an incubator and our managers help reinforce a strong psychologically safe environment – you’ll implement and maintain high-quality software development practices with a leadership team dedicated to this culture! Success in this role stems from:
- Putting a focus on people – training and skills development, performance management, and individual career development of direct reports
- Influencing product strategy around the general data strategy and future features
- Maintaining and scaling the ETL for the Mavenlink data pipeline
- Efficiently extracting and transforming data from a MySQL database
- Turning product requirements into project plans with milestones, estimates, and stories to confidently lead a team through projects of all sizes
You’re a true problem solver who leads by example. The intersection of technology and people excites you and you’ve led & delivered successful product releases while also having a track record of helping team members develop and grow their careers. Optimism and empathy are a couple of your strengths and you have success in balancing product priorities with team needs in an agile environment. Our newest Engineering Manager will have an established team here but will also bring with them:
- Experience in building and maintaining data pipelines at scale
- Prior experience and understanding of distributed systems architecture
- Success working in a cloud environment interacting with various AWS services
- A strong OOP philosophy and either experience working with Ruby or an interest in learning Ruby
- Confidence in facing unique or unprecedented development challenges and navigating problems without predefined solutions
Working for a successful smaller-size tech company is a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. We believe every company can be successful with the right technology and that every individual can be successful with the right culture. We believe in collaboration - that working hand-in-hand brings the best thoughts to the table and creates an environment of learning and growth. Here, you'll enjoy:
- An intentionally engaging culture - ditch the silo!
- Competitive pay and benefit options
- Strong work-life balance is a focus of the company
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including the company's founders
- A vibrant, collaborative and devoted team, who still makes time for fun
- Snacks? Check. Drinks? Check. Game nights? Check!
At Mavenlink, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone's individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product(and people!) innovation, diverse products, and a successful business.
Mavenlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We have complex product and we've built a technology stack that allows for continous deployment with nearly zero downtime. Every Mavenlink engineer majors in code and minors in product. so we all love working through data designs as well as complex user interactions, Whether its's through pair-programming, flexible roles, or our obsession for quality, test-driven code our engineers (from grasshopper to black belt) are always learning.
"Every engineer has something to learn and something to teach. We invest in a pairing culture to make our code and our engineers better."
- Roger Neel, Chief Technology Officer
Salt Lake City, United States
Our Salt Lake City office is located in the heart of downtown in the Historic Clift Building, with easy access to public transportation. Work in our Salt Lake Office and enjoy:
- Pair programming environment for mentorship and collaboration
- Daily catered lunch
- Snack bar
- Customized coffee machine
- Ping pong table
- Access to rooftop patio
- Access to onsite gym
- Monthly team activities, such as game nights
- Group health insurance with coverage options for Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance
- Voluntary benefit options such as Auto, Home, and Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary commuter benefit options (FSA
- 401K to save for your future
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, plus two additional days with each year of employment
- 11 paid holidays + floating holiday
- Top Performers Employee Recognition Program
- Philanthropic, social, and wellness events through MavenLife
- Reimbursement for wellness applications (including Kindle, Headspace, Peloton)
- Virtual private group fitness classes, held daily
If you don't see your dream job listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. We don't want to miss out on the unique talents and qualities that make you...well, YOU! We would love to add you to the Maven network. Maybe it's not now, but soon. Let's develop a connection regarding future opportunities at Mavenlink.