Mavenlink is a rapidly growing, globally recognized Software as a Service (SaaS) company that provides technology, expertise, and support that enables organizations throughout the world to conduct business anywhere, with anyone. We believe every business deserves a chance to succeed in today's fast-moving, connected economy. That's why we set out to reinvent the way the world conducts business and why we need people just like you.
Did we mention that Mavenlink is an awesome place to work? You'll have the opportunity to work in an energetic environment with a smart team that loves what they do.
As a Manager of Business Development, you will lead a team of Business Development Representatives by effectively training, developing, and managing departmental outbound lead efforts. Managerial responsibilities will include lead qualification, prospecting, objection handling and appointment setting. Through hands-on leadership and a clear understanding of day-to-day operational needs, you will develop a team of high performers that consistently meet and exceed individual and team goals.
- Develop, manage, and measure business development team members through the use of current and historical data as well as trend analysis
- Identify training and process improvement needs within the business development team by effectively managing and measuring teams monthly, quarterly, and annual goals vs. outcomes
- Work directly with the VP of Sales Development to drive strategic initiatives, including data, activity, and training projects
- Deliver thoughtful, metrics-based plans with supporting data to senior leadership as needed
- Participate in the recruiting, hiring, training and ramping of a team of business development representatives, including the effective use of sales tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Continually review phone calls and emails, utilizing constructive feedback to improve team skillsets
- Drive continuous team success through best practices including multiple daily ‘Power Hour’ calling blocks
- Proactively identify and execute new initiatives to drive business development departmental growth
- Hold direct reports accountable on a daily and monthly activity commitments
- Work with business development team members to identify plans to penetrate key accounts
- Coach team on top of funnel demand including identifying lead sources, constructing lists, and other tasks related to outbound lead generation
- Educate team on A/B analysis for prospect outreach to maximize response rates
- Provide continual recognition of high performers to their peers and sales leadership for future promotion
- Act as a liaison to assigned team to ensure challenges are actively being addressed by departmental head
- Achieve quarterly and annual quotas through exceptional leadership practices
- 2+ years experience leading a team of individual contributors to success
- 2+ years’ experience with a demonstrated track record of success selling in an outbound B2B role
- Experience in technology (ideally SaaS) sales environment
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, LinkedIn/LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, Google Suite of productivity tools (ex. Sheets, Docs, Slides) preferred
- Experience in an environment focused on Account-based sales development
- Mavenlink platform knowledge a plus
- Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, listening)
- Self-motivated and highly driven with the ability to work with limited direction
- Social selling skills and techniques are a plus
- Conducting research via social media or other means to gain insight into prospects needs
- Drive to excel in a competitive, numbers-driven, performance-based environment
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities
Working for a successful smaller-size tech company is a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. We believe every company can be successful with the right technology and that every individual can be successful with the right culture. We believe in collaboration - that working hand-in-hand brings the best thoughts to the table and creates an environment of learning and growth. Here, you'll enjoy:
- An intentionally engaging culture - ditch the silo!
- Competitive pay and benefit options
- Strong work-life balance is a focus of the company
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including the company's founders
- A vibrant, collaborative and devoted team, who still makes time for fun
- Snacks? Check. Drinks? Check. Game nights? Check!
At Mavenlink, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone's individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product(and people!) innovation, diverse products, and a successful business.
Mavenlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salt Lake City, United States
Our Salt Lake City office is located in the heart of downtown in the Historic Clift Building, with easy access to public transportation. Work in our Salt Lake Office and enjoy:
- Pair programming environment for mentorship and collaboration
- Daily catered lunch
- Snack bar
- Customized coffee machine
- Ping pong table
- Access to rooftop patio
- Access to onsite gym
- Monthly team activities, such as game nights
- Group health insurance with coverage options for Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance
- Voluntary benefit options such as Auto, Home, and Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary commuter benefit options (FSA
- 401K to save for your future
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, plus two additional days with each year of employment
- 11 paid holidays + floating holiday
- Top Performers Employee Recognition Program
- Philanthropic, social, and wellness events through MavenLife
- Reimbursement for wellness applications (including Kindle, Headspace, Peloton)
- Virtual private group fitness classes, held daily
If you don't see your dream job listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. We don't want to miss out on the unique talents and qualities that make you...well, YOU! We would love to add you to the Maven network. Maybe it's not now, but soon. Let's develop a connection regarding future opportunities at Mavenlink.