Mavenlink is a rapidly growing, globally recognized Software as a Service (SaaS) company that provides technology, expertise, and support that enables organizations throughout the world to conduct business anywhere, with anyone. We believe every business deserves a chance to succeed in today's fast-moving, connected economy. That's why we set out to reinvent the way the world conducts business and why we need people just like you.
Did we mention that Mavenlink is an awesome place to work? You'll have the opportunity to work in an energetic environment with a smart team that loves what they do.
As a Senior Technical Services Consultant, you will work to solve complex technical problems and design robust solutions that provide our customers with data that drives important business decisions.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated and directed, a collaborator, and has a can-do attitude. A real “go-getter!”
- Be a team player! Ability to interact and perform in a cross-functional team environment while remaining sensitive to the varying cultures of both internal and external organizations
- A quick study with a true passion for working with numbers to solve problems, analyze procedures, and investigate business issues
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in a manner appropriate for the intended audience (technical and/or business) both in-person and over virtual communication
- Ability to self-manage tasks and deliverables across multiple projects and gauge relative priority.
- Adaptable to change and the ability to maintain a high level of performance while identifying and mitigating risk and addressing areas of uncertainty.
- A proven leader, actively helping others to learn, grow and succeed.
- Lead data conversion and integration activities; gather requirements, produce business requirement and design documentation, configure/build system integrations, support client UAT and troubleshoot integration issues
- Facilitate conversations related to solution architecture/system landscape and integrations with 3rd party applications (such as Salesforce, JIRA, NetSuite, Intacct)
- Understand Mavenlink’s technology, product offerings and industries served. Collaborate with the project team and customer to understand all technical aspects and ensure the quality of the deliverable.
- Identify, assess and solve complex business problems. Understand the client business requirements and objectives while ensuring alignment with the Mavenlink solution to drive desired business results
- Ability to effectively manage own tasks, task timelines and estimated remaining effort within the larger services implementation
- Experience driving the discovery and solutioning process with enterprise customers
- Contribute to the consultant toolset by identifying trends and support internal documentation, development projects and process improvements. Ability to innovate new solutions.
- Gather requirements across customer implementations and internal teams to lead the process of identifying and solutioning new tools for process improvement.
- Contribute to the collective learning of Mavenlink, seeking opportunities to identify and disseminate improvements to organizational methodology, processes, and practices
- Actively participate in the ongoing improvement of the Mavenlink product suite and the services implementation methodology to build and share repeatable processes and quality deliverables that may be leveraged across multiple projects to increase speed and reduce costs
- Proactively identify areas of team and process improvement and efficiency; lead improvement initiatives
- Contribute to an environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork through sharing experiences, information, perspectives, skills, and expertise.
- Be a leader in providing other team members with personal and professional growth, general technical knowledge and overall success
Experience – Technical
- Experience with common system integration methods and technologies including Web services, SOAP, JSON, REST, APIs, XML, Business process automation and orchestration tools and software
- Experience working with relational databases and data interdependence
- Proven technical skills and project implementation expertise designing, configuring and deploying SaaS-based software solutions
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture, systems architecture, integration architecture and data architecture standards, frameworks, and practices
Experience – Non-Technical
- Experience with software implementations, understanding of SDLC and the ability to execute to project plans, produce client facing deliverables
- Ability to document technical specifications
- A natural client services mentality; the consistent ability to keep the needs of the client at the forefront of his or her actions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- A willingness to tackle difficult and complex problems
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Capacity to react quickly to problems as they arise and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to proactively manage scope and identify solutions to mitigate risk
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with customers based on mutual respect and established experience
- BA/BS computer science or engineering degree or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years industry experience in a customer-facing technical field such as professional services, engineering, consulting or technical support
- 3+ years experience in technical deployment and project implementation for on-premise/cloud-based commercial software applications, such as ERP, CRM, CMS or similar systems
- Broad technical knowledge of internet-based products and technologies.
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Prior experience in debugging, production support, or writing code
- APIs and XML/JSON data structures
- Experience with SQL and understanding of ETL and LDM
- Experience with Ruby, C#, shell scripting, CSS, JS or similar
Working for a successful smaller-size tech company is a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. We believe every company can be successful with the right technology and that every individual can be successful with the right culture. We believe in collaboration - that working hand-in-hand brings the best thoughts to the table and creates an environment of learning and growth. Here, you'll enjoy:
- An intentionally engaging culture - ditch the silo!
- Competitive pay and benefit options
- Strong work-life balance is a focus of the company
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including the company's founders
- A vibrant, collaborative and devoted team, who still makes time for fun
- Snacks? Check. Drinks? Check. Game nights? Check!
At Mavenlink, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone's individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product(and people!) innovation, diverse products, and a successful business.
Mavenlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Boston, United States
Our Boston office is located in the heart of the city, at the intersection of the vibrant Downtown Crossing and Theater District neighborhoods. Enjoy a quick commute via the MBTA rapid transit system, biking, or walking to the office. Hundreds of shops, restaurants, entertainment venues, green spaces, and harbor walks are right at our doorstep of our Boston office. Office perks include:
- Weekly happy hours
- Loaded snack bar, including fresh fruit
- Sparking water on tap
- Iced coffee, cold brew, and Nespresso coffee
- Team games (including our ping pong table!)
- Group health insurance with coverage options for Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance
- Voluntary benefit options such as Auto, Home, and Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary commuter benefit options (FSA
- 401K to save for your future
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, plus two additional days with each year of employment
- 11 paid holidays + floating holiday
- Top Performers Employee Recognition Program
- Philanthropic, social, and wellness events through MavenLife
- Reimbursement for wellness applications (including Kindle, Headspace, Peloton)
- Virtual private group fitness classes, held daily
If you don't see your dream job listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. We don't want to miss out on the unique talents and qualities that make you...well, YOU! We would love to add you to the Maven network. Maybe it's not now, but soon. Let's develop a connection regarding future opportunities at Mavenlink.