Mavenlink is a rapidly growing, globally recognized Software as a Service (SaaS) company that provides technology, expertise, and support that enables organizations throughout the world to conduct business anywhere, with anyone. We believe every business deserves a chance to succeed in today's fast-moving, connected economy. That's why we set out to reinvent the way the world conducts business and why we need people just like you.
Did we mention that Mavenlink is an awesome place to work? You'll have the opportunity to work in an energetic environment with a smart team that loves what they do.
We are looking for a Product Designer to help Mavenlink envision and redefine the way people and businesses conduct work in the new connected economy. We need your help bringing that vision to life by creating people-centric, enterprise level experiences that are elegant, refined, and seamless. You will continue to make our user experience a product differentiator in the marketplace.
To that end, you will play a significant role in envisioning and shaping product design at Mavenlink. You will work closely with leadership, designers, engineers, product managers, and customers to help all of us turn strategies, user needs, and product goals into elegant and enjoyable experiences. You will work across all facets and phases of the design process, from discovery to deploy (and back to discovery) in a collaborative, feedback-rich environment.
We are building a cloud application that touches thousands of people per organization, per day, and our user base is growing at a phenomenal pace. Our customers use Mavenlink all day every day, and each element you design will have a major impact on how people conduct business.
You like turning over rocks to see what’s underneath. You sit in the back seat just to see what the view is like. You take things apart and put them back together. You look at the world and see systems, patterns, and opportunity in confusion. You know every complexity has simplicity buried within — and you are an expert at uncovering it.
We believe what distinguishes you is not what you know, but rather what you are willing to learn.
You like a challenge.
You feel comfortable with ambiguity. You don’t rely solely on off-the-shelf patterns and solutions, but think critically about frameworks and models to arrive at the best solution. You are willing to step outside your comfort zone and apply critical thinking to a problem with which you have no personal experience solving.
We solve challenging problems, and we can promise you will never be bored at work.
You love to collaborate.
You relish the idea of working with other designers and challenging each other to fully evaluate all aspects of the design. You can take ideas from both internal stakeholders and external users, evaluate these ideas and distill them into pragmatic solutions to address user needs. You enjoy leading design discussions and can explain ideas and methodology.
We value the opportunity to discuss design before it’s fully fledged — just as much as we recognize the need to throw on your headphones and go into focus mode.
You are purposeful.
You have a strong, human-centered approach to both interface design and interaction design. You are an advocate for a better way. Driven by mental models, behavior, and empathy, you have flexible problem solving skills. You are equally comfortable exploring all angles and gathering feedback, or making a gut decision when there’s no obvious answer.
We believe fully our work makes a difference.
You are a trusted advisor.
You are able to teach what you know and guide less experienced team members to find their own voice and solutions. You inspire innovation, ask questions rather than give answers and know how to steer solutions to those that best address user needs.
We believe that leadership is a set of actions in which anyone can engage.
You have built real software.To the delight of thousands of happy users, you have shipped amazing products.
We believe that a team with a diverse background helps create a more enjoyable work environment and, ultimately, a better experience for our users.
More Details About You
The ideal candidate has the following:
- UX focused portfolio demonstrating both process and result
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a product design focused role
- Comfort and willingness to work on a distributed team (we have offices across the country)
- Experience with Sketch and prototyping tools (Sketch Cloud, Figma, Axure, Framer, etc.)
- Experience with visual design and interaction design
- Experience shipping software for both desktop and mobile
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking ability
Working for a successful smaller-size tech company is a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. We believe every company can be successful with the right technology and that every individual can be successful with the right culture. We believe in collaboration - that working hand-in-hand brings the best thoughts to the table and creates an environment of learning and growth. Here, you'll enjoy:
- An intentionally engaging culture - ditch the silo!
- Competitive pay and benefit options
- Strong work-life balance is a focus of the company
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including the company's founders
- A vibrant, collaborative and devoted team, who still makes time for fun
- Snacks? Check. Drinks? Check. Game nights? Check!
At Mavenlink, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone's individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product(and people!) innovation, diverse products, and a successful business.
Mavenlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salt Lake City, United States
Our Salt Lake City office is located in the heart of downtown in the Historic Clift Building, with easy access to public transportation. Work in our Salt Lake Office and enjoy:
- Pair programming environment for mentorship and collaboration
- Daily catered lunch
- Snack bar
- Customized coffee machine
- Ping pong table
- Access to rooftop patio
- Access to onsite gym
- Monthly team activities, such as game nights
- Group health insurance with coverage options for Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance
- Voluntary benefit options such as Auto, Home, and Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary commuter benefit options (FSA
- 401K to save for your future
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, plus two additional days with each year of employment
- 11 paid holidays + floating holiday
- Top Performers Employee Recognition Program
- Philanthropic, social, and wellness events through MavenLife
- Reimbursement for wellness applications (including Kindle, Headspace, Peloton)
- Virtual private group fitness classes, held daily
If you don't see your dream job listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. We don't want to miss out on the unique talents and qualities that make you...well, YOU! We would love to add you to the Maven network. Maybe it's not now, but soon. Let's develop a connection regarding future opportunities at Mavenlink.