Mavenlink is a rapidly growing, globally recognized Software as a Service (SaaS) company that provides technology, expertise, and support that enables organizations throughout the world to conduct business anywhere, with anyone. We believe every business deserves a chance to succeed in today's fast-moving, connected economy. That's why we set out to reinvent the way the world conducts business and why we need people just like you.
Did we mention that Mavenlink is an awesome place to work? You'll have the opportunity to work in an energetic environment with a smart team that loves what they do.
About the opportunity
As a Senior Security Engineer at Mavenlink, you’ll report to our VP of Information Security & Compliance and help lead the charge in keeping our SaaS product secure for our numerous clients. With the right person in place, we can better-position our product for the high growth we’re experiencing as we scale. Our enterprise-class product is already in the hands of hundreds of clients around the world with tens of thousands of users – this opportunity will help shape the future philosophy of SaaS software security practices at Mavenlink.
Goals and Responsibilities
You’ll be a critical piece of our security roadmap and a true evangelist for secure coding and secure software design for our dedicated engineering teams. Working directly with R&D leadership, you’ll establish quarterly product and infrastructure security goals and the plans to achieve them. You’ll also be a positive contributor to the team culture for our small, but growing, security team! Success in this role stems from:
- Establishing patterns and tooling around security development practices
- Acting as the point of triage and escalation owner for inbound security reports
- Managing vulnerability management processes and maintaining/improving our overall security posture
- Participating in annual audit cycles (pen-testing, SOC 1 & 2 audits, etc)
- Assisting in policy and process creation, as well as our risk assessment processes
You’re an engineer at heart and deconstructing complex solutions to identify weakness is what drives you! Data-driven decisions come naturally to you but you can also plan for yet-to-occur events with a conviction, while still understanding that people are people. You have great ideas but just haven’t yet found the flexible environment to truly build on those ideas – Mavenlink is small enough that you’ll help us build the structure to allow us to scale rather than be a “cog in the machine”. Optimism and empathy are some of your strengths and you feel you’d thrive in a culture built on empathy and collaboration. Our newest Sr. Security Engineer will also bring with them:
- A bachelor’s degree in science or mathematics (preferably)
- 3+ years of software security success
- CCPA / GDPR data privacy knowledge
- An understanding of standard compliance frameworks (such as ISO, SOC, PCI, HIPAA)
- An independent philosophy that doesn’t rely on a team for each outcome
Working for a successful smaller-size tech company is a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. We believe every company can be successful with the right technology and that every individual can be successful with the right culture. We believe in collaboration - that working hand-in-hand brings the best thoughts to the table and creates an environment of learning and growth. Here, you'll enjoy:
- An intentionally engaging culture - ditch the silo!
- Competitive pay and benefit options
- Strong work-life balance is a focus of the company
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including the company's founders
- A vibrant, collaborative and devoted team, who still makes time for fun
- Snacks? Check. Drinks? Check. Game nights? Check!
At Mavenlink, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone's individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product(and people!) innovation, diverse products, and a successful business.
Mavenlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We have complex product and we've built a technology stack that allows for continous deployment with nearly zero downtime. Every Mavenlink engineer majors in code and minors in product. so we all love working through data designs as well as complex user interactions, Whether its's through pair-programming, flexible roles, or our obsession for quality, test-driven code our engineers (from grasshopper to black belt) are always learning.
"Every engineer has something to learn and something to teach. We invest in a pairing culture to make our code and our engineers better."
- Roger Neel, Chief Technology Officer
Salt Lake City, United States
Our Salt Lake City office is located in the heart of downtown in the Historic Clift Building, with easy access to public transportation. Work in our Salt Lake Office and enjoy:
- Pair programming environment for mentorship and collaboration
- Daily catered lunch
- Snack bar
- Customized coffee machine
- Ping pong table
- Access to rooftop patio
- Access to onsite gym
- Monthly team activities, such as game nights
- Group health insurance with coverage options for Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance
- Voluntary benefit options such as Auto, Home, and Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary commuter benefit options (FSA
- 401K to save for your future
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, plus two additional days with each year of employment
- 11 paid holidays + floating holiday
- Top Performers Employee Recognition Program
- Philanthropic, social, and wellness events through MavenLife
- Reimbursement for wellness applications (including Kindle, Headspace, Peloton)
- Virtual private group fitness classes, held daily
If you don't see your dream job listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. We don't want to miss out on the unique talents and qualities that make you...well, YOU! We would love to add you to the Maven network. Maybe it's not now, but soon. Let's develop a connection regarding future opportunities at Mavenlink.